Monday, September 7, 2009

Tea Party and family reunion

The family reunion was nice.
I got to see one of my cousins who is my age that I hadn't seen in 26 years. The last time we saw each other was on Labor day 1983 at a family reunion at my grandmothers. His wife had gotten a phone call at the reunion that her sister had drowned at a lake. Of course the mood of the reunion turned sad. I didn't think I would ever see him again because last December he suffered a massive heart attack and wasn't expected to last the night. He did and got some better so they sent him home and told him to make peace and take care of business because he could go anytime. This was his fifth heart attack.
I remember my uncle, his dad died when we were young, I think grade school, from a heart attack. Uncle Lawrence had seven heart attacks the last year he lived. My cousins older brothers are both dead already.
I was just really glad to see him.


Next subject.

Today we are going to our first Tea Party. I have heard about them so it will be educational to go to one.

No comments: