Monday, September 7, 2009

Tea Party

Mr. Olson and I attended the tea party in Guymon. I wish I had had the girls come along. It would have sparked some good discussion. I noticed several folks I know there.
I think the tea party idea is a good one and should be held more often.
I came away with a renewed sense of American loyalty. I love our country and many others do too.
When I was a kid we knew all the songs for each branch of the military. We knew what freedom was and what it cost. I think our school children need to learn history, salute the flag, and what it means to be an American.
God Bless America
My kids didn't know what a tea party was. I explained that it stands for taxed enough already. How many American citizens want the government to go back to the people and smaller government not bigger.
I am going to order copies of the declaration of independence for us to all study. If anyone has suggesions please leave a comment.

No comments: