Thursday, November 26, 2009

Progress

The turkey and pies are in the ovens. The dressing, sweet potatoes and white potatoes are cooking in crock pots. Mollie is making cheese cake. She needed a can of sweetened condensed milk and we didn't have any because its so expensive. I just made my own. Here's how
In blender.
1/2 c. hot water
1 c. non instant powdered milk or 2 c. powdered milk
1 c. sugar
1 T. butter
Mix in blender, scrape down as needed.
Looks and smells just like the canned, bet it tastes better though.
I have been making my own creamed soups and such and they are so much better.
I make up a batch of magic mix and when I need a cream soup I use that for the base. Its basically a white sauce. I then add celery salt, mushrooms or whatever. Its so much better for you than canned and fresher and yummy to boot. Oh and of course so much cheaper.

No comments: