Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coupon organization ~♥~ again


Once again I reorganized my coupon filing system. I am always trying to make it as simple as I can. I think, like I always do that this is it.

This is how I now organize my coupons.

First I lay out all the inserts and pull like pages and staple the coupons of the whole stack. Be sure not to staple through the expiration date or the bar code. I staple each coupon on the page. Then I file the whole stacks of inserts in the box file I have with the date of the insert on the tab. When I am making my shoping list I pull out the inserts, cut only the coupons I want and then put the inserts back.

At the back of the picture you can see a clip board. I print out what coupons each week has. I dont always have every coupon but this is better than sitting down and typing up each coupon I do have. The clip board fits nicely on the top of the file folders and the lid will close on top.

At the front of the file folder I have a file named EXTRAS, its for internet prnted coupons or other coupons I get from other souces etc.
I would never coupon if I had to keep a binder organized. I dont want to spend too much time organizing my coupons. I would rather spend my time figuring out deals to spend them on.
How do you organize your coupons?

Right now our local Brookshire Brothers grocery store has a sale going on where you get an instant $4.00 off when you purchase 8 participating General Mills products. As a bonus this month they are doubling and tripling coupons that are less than one dollar. I have about 6 transactions planned with a total of less than $60.00

I will be getting these items:
7~ KC Masterpiece bar b q sauce
10~Wacky Mac macaroni
2~Gold Peak Tea
2~Jolly Time Popcorn
2~Fiber One granola bars
16~Pillsbury cinnamon roll tubes
12~Totinos Pizza rolls 15 ct.
10~Pillsbury Toaster Strudel
8~Pillsbury grand biscuits
8~Pillsbury crescent rolls
My total should be $59.40

I realize these are almost all items I can make at home and I may end up changing my mind about buying them but these are the scenarios I have planned out. In fact I am pretty sure I will not buy that many cinnamon rolls or the toaster strudel. I will have to think about it.

1 comment:

Kaleena Kay said...

Your son-in-law loves pizza rolls
Just saying.