Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hot Cocoa

Jeff had to turn the heater on this morning because it was getting a little nippy in here. Its 43 degrees outside so it cooled down pretty good. Its 60 degrees in the house now and much warmer. I think its time to switch the fans with the electric heater. I bet the girls are cold next door too.

I brought home a set of walkie talkie's that our pastor loaned us to see if they would work between the two campers and they do. Now we wont have to call the girls on their phones all the time and waste minutes. Now it will be much easier to call them to eat or do chores or just to ask them something.

I got the big tea kettle down the other day to boil lots of water at a time. We seem to use quite a bit of hot water in the cooler weather than in the summer or hot weather. We drink more hot tea and cocoa. This morning I am drinking a cup of hot cocoa. I was glad that I had made a big batch last winter and stored it away. All I had to do was bring it out and have a cup of cocoa.

Its still dark out so we are showering and getting ready to go garage sailing. I think they have them year round down here. Its a cheap diversion and something for Jeff and I to do together. Sometimes Hannah comes along too. We rarely buy anything but its fun to look. A few weeks ago I was able to buy a stick blender, new in the box for $4.00. New they are over $20.00 so it was a good deal. I use them when I make soap and they wear out so I am always on the lookout for spares.

Later, when it warms up more we will wash clothes and hang them out. I hope they will have enough time to dry.

I hope you all have a nice weekend. Leave a comment so I know you came to visit.

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

I was here! :)