Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Buy local or at least hand made this year

This year if you are able and need a gift I hope that you will support local and or cottage industry type folks where ever possible. Most of the time folks make very nice items for close to the same price you could buy it in the store. Many times they can make custom items for you as well.

In the last few days I have sold soap, lotion, waterless hand cleaner and now today I got an order to sew three feed sack bags using the customers feed sacks.

These sales encourage me that people value hand crafted products made in America.

What about you? Do you buy hand made and hand crafted items for gifts?

3 comments:

loves2spin said...

Nope, not me! I am making the hanging kitchen towels, a handmade doll, some necklaces that my jewelry-crafting cousin helped me put together, and things to eat for gifts this year. I did buy one thing... a book for my husband about Mount Everest. :)

debbieo said...

You go girl. I too make my own gifts. Not everyone is so gifted though and we hope they buy from those of us who can make these things.
debbieo

kscorrell said...

I am making each of the kids a quilt. With my mom's help.