Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pig shaped cutting board

When I was a little girl my grandpa and I would go to the dump together all the time. My sisters did not think it was fun but I sure did. I was a scrounger even then. One day I found a pig shaped cutting board. I took it back to my grandparents house where I had an outdoor play house. I had dishes and silver ware, cutting board and cups. There were shelves and a table and chairs. I was in heaven. I could make all the mud pies I wanted.

In the ensuing years the cutting board was lost but I have always remembered it. I have a friend who I am hoping to convince to make one of these for me in exchange for some of the things I make. The picture above is very similar to the one I had when I was a little girl.

4 comments:

loves2spin said...

http://www.amazon.com/J-K-Adams-Maple-Cutting-Pig-Shaped/dp/B000KEXTIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320971114&sr=8-1

debbieo said...

Yolanda,
Thats where I saw this one.

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Debbie, Give me a few days and I will get things together for it. :)
Lori

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I absolutely love this site. Continue the good work!