Thursday, November 17, 2011

missionary update



From: "Brenda Lange"
Subject: Blog, Nov. 17, 2011

BUSH BUNNY EARS ON THE JOB—THIEF CAPTURED IN THE NIGHT!
At 2a.m., my dogs starting barking, but then they stopped.
A few minutes later, I hear crunch, crunch, crunch of footsteps BEHIND my bedroom window.
I look up to see the silhouette of a man in my window before he ducked down.
Silently I got up and went to the window.
Crouched outside, I see a man (it’s a full moon, so not hard to see in the dark, cause this Bunny eats her carrots!).
I yell out for the guard, and the man takes off, leaving his shoes behind.
My guard gives chase, but the man managed to vault our 6 foot chain link fence, but fell on the other side.
The people who live behind our fence work for us, and the two of the men are members of the village police force.
They gave chase, and managed to fight the guy, but he got loose and took refuge in an empty mud hut (armed with a machete).
This intruder is quite tall and muscular, so I’m sure he was a handful.
In the struggle the village police cut a 6 inch gash in the intruder’s arm with a machete.
My guard called me on his cell to tell me to fetch the police, as they had the guy cornered.
When I arrived with the police (you have to provide transport for the cops, as they have no cop cars here), they quickly got cuffs on the guy as the mud hut was surrounded by over 100 citizens. The village made sure he didn’t escape, as he is a KNOWN thief who just got out of jail YESTERDAY.

We took him to the hospital, and now I’m on my way to provide my testimony against him.
Will make for a long day as I had little sleep, but it’s worth it to get this guy behind bars again.

LEAVING FOR MELUCO DISTRICT IN THE MORNING
I must go to Meluco on Friday for the program with the FIRST LADY of MOZAMBIQUE.
The program is for Saturday morning, so I’ll be back on Sunday and send in a blog as soon as I have time.
Prayers appreciated as it is a 6 hour drive each way.

Blessings from “Radar Ears”
Mess with one of God’s chosen and you WILL suffer the consequences!
The Bush Bunny of Balama

"Bush Bunny" Brenda Lange


LOVE GIFTS TO:
ORPHANS UNLIMITED, INC.
11152 WESTHEIMER RD., PMB 391
HOUSTON, TX 77042

LOVE GIFT TO: ORPHANS UNLIMITED in RSA
Standard Bank-Hatfield
(branch code) 011-54515
Name: Orphans Unlimited
Acct. # 017743036


PERSONAL NOTES TO BRENDA
brenda@orphansunlimited.org
ALL OTHER INQUIRIES:
LINDA FERGUSON
linda@orphansunlimited.org
phone: 979-234-3422 or 713-854-9197
Brenda’s Blog is Posted at:
www.orphansunlimited.org/blog
or SUBSCRIBE to receive the blog by e-mail.


Orphans Unlimited, Inc. 307 East State Street Eagle Lake, Texas 77434
Email Marketing by

Manage Your Subscription
Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious

No comments: