Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tuna Casserole

I made a pan of tuna casserole about 8x10 or so. Here is what I did.
First I boiled some egg noodles.
~~~
While that was cooking I made a roux.
4 T. olive oil
4 T. flour
3-4 c. milk
make like you are making gravy.
Add salt, pepper and celery salt. I also added about 1/2 c. shredded cheese.
Edited to add: I just read a recipe about making this and she used onion, garlic salt and celery ribs chopped fine.
~~~
I didn't have any frozen peas so I opened two cans and drained one and added about 2/3 of one can to the roux.
~~~
Then I opened and drained two cans of tuna and added that to the roux.
~~~
When the noodles were done I drained them and mixed them with the roux in a mixing bowl. Then I put them in my baking pan and topped with more shredded cheese.
~~~
Its baking now at 350 degrees. I will bake it until the cheese melts and its bubbly.

2 comments:

Humble wife said...

Sounds delish. I am the only one that likes tuna in the house so I only make any kind of tuna if my troop is off for the day.

I want to mention how much I enjoy the tips, the humor, the recipes and the missionary info that you post. I come often sometimes more than once a day!!

Thanks for making my corner of the internet brighter because of your efforts!

Jennifer

debbieo said...

Jennifer,
I dont like tuna casserole either but this was good. My family liked it too.
I like your blog too, wish you would post more often.
I am glad you like my blog. I actually know Bush Bunny Brenda, her testimony is amazing. She has the most amazing faith, she has seen healings and miracles. I read her book and gave it away. I should buy some more and have a give away.