Sunday, March 18, 2012

I think I am going to make it

I have been sick for the last 5 days. I got sick the day before we left Kansas while I was visiting my dad in the nursing home. Every day we went to visit him while we were there and each day we would take him out to smoke. Its not too horrible except that he cant hold his own cigarette and so you are pretty up close and personal with the smoke. The last day we were there there were two other people outside smoking. You would think that being outside would not be a problem but it was. We were sitting on chairs in a sort of alcove of the building so there was not a definite breeze going by. Anyway, I lit dads cigarette for him and started choking and became so sick. The chest tightness and sore throat lasted 5 days. Today I feel like I am going to live but my throat is still sore. Jeff got sick too. I am sure glad I quit smoking years ago and Jeff quit many years ago. It sure didn't make me want to start again. I don't see the appeal anymore.

I will post some pictures from our trip once I get completely better. Take care everyone.

2 comments:

loves2spin said...

I'm so sorry you got sick! Be well very soon. :(

Humble wife said...

Oh Debbie-you have had some busy weeks and now with being sick. I pray you are better!!

Jennifer