Monday, June 18, 2012

Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickles

Zucchini Pickles
•4 pounds zucchini

•1 pound onions

•1/2 cup salt

•1 quart cider vinegar

•2 cups sugar

•2 Tablespoons turmeric

•2 teaspoons celery seed

•1 Tablespoon dried mustard

•2 teaspoons mustard seed

Cut zucchini into thin slices. Peel and slice onions thinly. Cover with water; add salt. Let stand 1 hour. Drain.
Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Pour over vegetables. Let stand 1 hour.
Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Pack into hot jars, seal with 2 piece lids and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.

I have not tried these yet but I will very soon.
June 19,2012 made a batch of these using cucumbers.
June 21, 2012 made a batch of these using zucchini.
June 25, 2012 made a batch of these using cucumbers.

recipe source:  http://www.kitchengadgetgirl.com/2009/07/16/zucchini-pickles-recipe/

1 comment:

Gudrun said...

I am glad you have enjoyed this zucchini pickle recipe! Please note that I have not given permission for my photographs to be used on other blogs, so I would like to ask that the photo you have used in this post be removed. Thank you!