Thursday, July 15, 2010

Apricot pie filling


We canned 7 quarts of apricot pie filling today using Yolanda's recipe. The jars look beautiful. Tomorrow I will remove the bands, wash the jars, label and store. I noticed the apple trees are loaded. One of these days I will be canning apple pie filling hopefully. So far this year I have been able to get free cherries, free apricots, I am hoping to get free apples and pears. Nothing better than free fruit. This is a good year for fruit. Even the sand hill plums are good this year. Is there such a thing as plum pie? I have plenty of jelly but if I could put up pie filling I would do it.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

I am SO proud of you! That looks fabulous!

Autumn said...

Yummm! I love apricots! How blessed to have so much free fruit!

Caroline said...

I use jam or preserves in fried pies. It sometimes leaks through but makes for a yummy glaze. Not the prettiest pie but my guy loves them.