Thursday, July 22, 2010

I love buckets



I have a thing for buckets. Free buckets. 2 gallon, 3.5 gallon and 5 gallon buckets. I use them for many things. I get them free. Every now and then I stop at the cake department of my local grocery store and ask for any buckets they have. I take whatever size they have. Lately its been the 2 and 3.5 gallon buckets for some reason.


Here are some of the uses I have for buckets.

1. mop bucket

2. tote bucket

3. trash can (line with a walmart sack)

4. food storage

5. garden gathering bucket

6. animal water bucket

7. animal food transportation

8. animal food storage

9. used oil storage

10. charcoal storage

11. emergency car kit

12. emergency pick up kit

13. porta potty? What? Here is a picture of one. I want to get the potty lid.
I have a bucket designated for a potty in an emergency. I have trash can liners, toilet paper and such packed inside. But I would really like to get one of these lids that snap on. I am sure in an emergency it would be much more comfortable than sitting on the rim of a bucket.
Do you prepare for food shortages or disasters? If so, what kind of preparations do you make?

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

What a great concept! I love buckets, too, but had forgotten that I might be able to get them for free.

Yolanda said...

Where are you? Haven't seen you post for quite a while. I hope all is well there.