Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fruit of the spirit soup ~gift in a jar



Lima Beans for Love
Split Peas for Joy
Black Beans for Peace
Red Beans for Long suffering
Pinto Beans for gentleness
Navy Beans for Goodness
Lentils for faith
Black-eyed peas for Meekness
Kidney Beans for temperence

On the tag attached to the jar is the following: On a dark rainy day do you ever become depressed?
Well, most folks do. You don't want to do anything but get in bed and cover your head.

Well, I have a suggestion for you.

Let's make "Fruit of the Spirit Soup!" "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." Galatians 5:22,23

DIRECTIONS: Soak beans overnight. Cook as usual. Add an onion, a little garlic and your favorite seasonings.
Submitted by: Mary Webb

source:http://www.facebook.com/notes/back-to-the-basics-hope-for-the-best-prepare-for-the-worst/fruit-of-the-spirit-soup-gift/451597900241#!

I thought this would make a nice gift. I would maybe change up the wording a bit because I think there are too many well's but that is just my opinion. I wanted to post this so I can find it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool.Great idea