Monday, July 5, 2010

Catch up

Today is a droopy tired day because like everyone else we stayed up to watch fireworks. Only problem is it was pouring down rain almost non stop so the home display was off and on again. We did see some in the sky as we drove into Dodge to stay at my sisters house over night. God was holding a lightning display which of course way way more spectacular than the fireworks.

On another note: I was talking to an old friend of one of my daughters the other day and some of the things she said truly saddened me.
I asked her if she was still going to church and she said that is the only day she has to sleep in. I gave her a hard time about that and she responded with God knows I love him. I kept silent but in my heart I wondered "does he?". If you wont live for him but you love him is that good enough? I think if our families say they love us and never show it we would wonder if they did indeed love us. Isn't it the same with God? If we really do love him shouldn't we want to live for him?
Just pondering.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

You show love by what you DO, not how you "feel." That IS sad. :(

debbieo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yolanda said...

My blogger isn't working. You measure the powdered form of the clear jel!