Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gone too soon


This is the only family picture we ever took and Mollie wasn't even born yet.


This was our last vacation. We were in St. Elmo, Colorado. This was in June. Charles Michael Hornung my husband died 3 weeks later. He was so sweet and good and handsome. When I look at this picture it makes me cry. I miss him so. The younger girls never got to know him and the older girls miss him so much.
He was 41. It is 16 years ago July 17, 2011. Time passes. Hearts remember. I love you Charlie.

I am thankful that God allowed me to meet and marry Jeff. He has stepped up and been a father to the girls. I know he and Charlie would have liked each other. I love Jeff too.
Jeff and I have been married for over 10 years and most people don't realize that Jeff is not the biological father of the girls. They all act like blood. Sometimes I think we even forget.

Time heals all wounds. I never thought I would love again. But I did and I do.

4 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

How terribly sad
:-(

Humble wife said...

(((hugs)))

You have shared before and I was at a loss for words. Your post is elegant and sweet at the same time and says what I wish I had thought of saying. Time does heal all wounds yet the wishing for the younger ones is understandable.

Thank you for sharing your photos and your loss.

Jennifer

Yolanda said...

God bless you Debbie.

Kaleena Kay said...

Mom, Those are beautiful pictures. I regret never having a family picture with all of us. As a soon to me mom, I will make sure I have one even if it's a casual one becuase you never know what might happen.
I miss Charlie and he was a great father to Brooke and me.