Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kinda funny kinda not

Yesterday I wrote about making a pot of liquid soap. I let it sit on the stove all day. I was making sure the consistency was right when it cooled down.
Last evening my sweet husband was washing dishes. He asked what was in the pot and I said its a pot of soap.
For some reason he thought I said its on to soak, so he poured it down the drain and washed the pot. I was busy crocheting a new pattern so I was concentrating on my stitches.
He proudly announced, "Look who did the dishes", at which time I looked up and noticed the pot gone from the stove and the self same pot upside down on the drainer.
I tried not to get mad but I did a little bit. At least the drain is clean and I had enough of the ingredients I needed to make another batch.
He was really sorry.

It's a lot more funny today than it was then.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, it reminds me of what went on at my house last night - when I came into the kitchen to find my husband using the vegetable scrubber to scrub the dog's collar.

Sometimes help is a dangerous thing!

Yolanda said...

A friend at Church today told me that he was spraying some insecticide on their garden, only to find out that he had not labeled the container and it was actually roundup. Fortunately, the tomatoes were not sprayed, but he killed most of their sweet corn and all of their potatoes. :( Stuff happens. You have a sweet husband!