Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BREAD AND BUTTER JALAPENOS


(makes about 10 pint jars)

These are addicting. Use on any sandwich, burger or anything. Very popular in our farmstand.

18 cups of sliced jalapenos

2 cups of sliced onions

7 cups white vinegar

3 cups of honey

1 Tablespoon ground ginger

1 Tablespoon mustard seeds

1 Tablespoon celery seed

1 ½ Tablespoons turmeric

Combine honey, vinegar and spices in large pot and bring to a boil. Boil syrup for 10 minutes. Add jalapenos and onions and heat to just boiling. Ladle into prepared pint jars leaving ½ inch headspace. Process for 15 minutes in boiling water bath.
I want to try this, I will just make the juice and can them up as I get them.  Or I can pick up a bunch at the store next time they go on sale.

1 comment:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Oh, I am so trying this Debbie!!!! My Dad and I will LOVE them!