Thursday, July 26, 2012

Debbie Haston's seasoned taco meat to can

I Season my own tacos and don't use a package seasoning.

Here is my recipe. This is for 6 lbs of hamburger. I start with 3 yellow onions md. to lg. diced and 3 Tablespoons Cumin, 3 Tablespoons minced garlic,

 8 Tablespoons chili powder, 6 teaspoons of cayenne pepper. I put that in a very large skillet and bloom the spices (let them get hot) then add the hamburger and fry all together until done.

 Drain well saving the juice off of the meat. Fill jar to the bottom mark on jar with the meat juice then pack with cooked meat. I added a half teaspoon of better then bullion to each jar. so did not add salt.

 Since the meat is already cooked we only pressured for 60 min at 10Lbs. I use this meat in Tacos, burritos, and for a chilli base.

I hope this helps.

No comments: