Monday, July 9, 2012

I made a pattern and then sewed a blouse

Today I made a pattern for a peasant blouse using this tutorial.
http://365sewing.com/0615-Clothing-Pattern.html
Then I made two peasant tops.  I liked making my own pattern because I was able to add length to both the bottom and the sleeves.  I only put elastic in the neck area as I don't care for it on my sleeves.
Its kind of neat because there is no front or back so you can just throw it on.  You could put a bow or something on the front to dress it up if you wanted to.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute! Angela

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

This is GREAT! You did an awesome job. I have thought about making my own blouses and you have just given me the incentive I needed!

They look beautiful!

Blessings~
Laura

loves2spin said...

You did a good job on those blouses! I am impressed! I will have to give it a try too. Usually, when I "wing it" without a pattern.. well, let's just say it's not pretty, but even I might be able to do this! :D