Monday, May 6, 2013

Locker hooked rug

Last week I learned of a new craft called locker hooking.  I watched a few you tube videos demonstrating the technique and thought it would be a fun thing to try.  Last Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a canvas and a locker hook.  Total cost was less than $5.00 because I used my 40% off coupon and so did Jeff.  We each bought one item.  I immediately began working on the rug after watching the tutorial one more time.  It was a blast.  In one week I completed a new rug for my kitchen.  I loved the project because I was able to use up scraps from my scrap box and the total cost was less than $5.00.  My kind of project.
Here are some photos of the tools and my project.
First the supplies needed.
Locker hook.  It has a crochet type hook on one end and a needle eye on the other.
Rug canvas.  I used a smaller one than the one shown.

Scrap fabric cut into one inch strips.  I cut some denim into half inch strips but they were too hard to work with so I stuck to regular fabric after part of one row of denim.
 Rug after a couple of days of work.
 Close up of locker hooking the rug.
The completed rug.  I am going to try t shirt yarn on one and see if I like that.

No comments: