Friday, August 21, 2015

DIY Deoderant

I found two recipes for homemade deodorant that I want to try.  I think I will start with the one made with diatomaceous earth.

Recipe #1
3/4 c. arrowroot or cornstarch (I will use arrowroot)
1/4 c. DE
7-9 T coconut oil
essential oil of choice
Mix and put into a container or your choice

Recipe #2
1/2 c. arrowroot powder or cornstarch
4 T coconut oil
5 drops tea tree oil
5 drops lavender oil
Mix and place into a container of your choice.
This one makes a very small amount so you would need a very small container or increase the amounts and use a bit bigger jar with a lid.

Make sure that what ever container you use that you will be able to dip your fingers in to get some out and that it has a lid.  I like to use the squat half pint jelly jars and the white lids that screw on.

No comments: