Saturday, August 29, 2015

"BUSH BUNNY BRENDA"

FROM "BUSH BUNNY BRENDA"
DATE: AUGUST 29, 2015
 
 
GOING THE EXTRA MILE TO HELP A FRIEND
 
Hagipe, a friend and Balama businessman, called me when I returned from S. Africa.  He asked if there was anything special I needed to help me with my limited diet during the next 6 weeks.  I told him the only thing needed, but not available, was AVOCADOS.  Since this is the end of their growing season in Moz., I had not found any in Pemba upon my return.
He told me he would check in Nampula, the city 7 hours drive south of Balama, as that is where the Avos grow in northern Moz.   Last Saturday, Hagipe called to say none were available in Nampula, so I thanked him, and thought no more of it.  I’d make do with what foods I had on hand.
 
 
Hadipe, showing off the bucket of avacados for de Bush Bunny.
 
 
  UNKNOWN to me, Hagipe called someone in Maputo City, the National Capital of Moz. that is a 3 day drive from Balama.  His friend organized 15 Avocados, packed them in a plastic bucket, boxed and shipped them BY AIR FRIEGHT to Pemba.  Hagipe called me late Wed. afternoon to see if I was home.  He said he was bringing me a gift of AVOCADOS, and would be there Thursday morning.  When he showed up and told me how he had obtained them, I was so overwhelmed, that I had tears in my eyes. 
All I could think of was the Bible story of the man who carried his burden the extra mile.  Hagipe is a modern day example of what Jesus expects all of us to do for one another.
 
I’m a happy Bunny as I just ate a whole avocado for lunch before sitting down to write this story!
 
LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDS LIKE A FAMILY WHO CARES
 
 
Aunt Nazarena bottle feeding baby Mezies for the first time.
 
MEZIAS, a new born baby boy, lost his mother in child birth.  (Death in child birth is the 3rd largest killer of mother’s in our area).
  His aunt and uncle brought him to our door late Wed. afternoon.  They’d just walked in from Sirimula Village, 37 km away, (22 miles) to ask for help.
Sirimula is where most of the corn is grown that feeds our orphans, so out assistance programs to orphaned babies is well known.
  Where is Mezias’ father, I asked?  They told us he had died from an unknown sickness just before Mezias’ birth.  They were the only family he has left.
 
I praise the Lord that Mezias has a family who truly loves and cares for him.  Both Aunt and Uncle listened and repeated the instructions we gave them for bottle feeding Mezias. My staff was thrilled that this family seemed to truly understand the important of “doing it right”.
 
Because most Moz. babies are breast fed, the average mother, especially one living in a remote village, have never seen anyone bottle feed a baby.  This next week is critical for Mezias, for if the Aunt doesn’t boil the water before mixing the dry milk powder in the bottle, the bacteria in the local well water could cause Mezias to  perish from the #1 killer in Africa:  DYSENTERY.
 
WITH YOUR LOVE GIFTS FOR WATER WELLS, WE HAVE DRILLED AND PRESENTLY MAINTAIN OVER 50 WATER WELLS IN BALAMA AND MELUCO DISTRICTS (counties).
CLEAN WATER IS ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE ON THIS EARTH, JUST AS JESUS IS ESSENTIAL FOR ETERNAL LIFE.
 
Our church’s name is IGREJA AGUAS VIVAS IN MOZAMBIQUE.  (LIVING WATERS)
We need both types of water to have a complete life, both here and in the hereafter.
 
JESUS IS COMING SOON.  ARE YOU READY?
 
Blessings,
Bush Bunny Brenda Lange
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: