Wednesday, January 18, 2012

You are not the first

Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This is one of my favorite scriptures. It reminds me that what I am going through is not unique. Others have dealt with the same kinds of things and the best part is that God is faithful and will not let us be tempted more than we can handle and he makes a way to escape so that we can bear it.

I think this scripture has many applications in life from sexual sin to diet. It reminds me that I am not alone. I have heard others say things like you have no idea what I am going through or no one else has ever gone through this. I know they have because the bible says so. You can be sure that if you are reading the authorized King James Version of the bible that every word is true. If its written in there I believe it. Its the only book I could ever believe 100% and I do.

What about you. Do you believe that the bible is 100% correct? If not why and what parts are true and what parts are not?

No comments: