Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ranch Beans to can

The past few days the girls and I canned 42 quarts of beans.  We canned ham and beans, ranch beans, pork and beans, chili beans and baked beans.  Here are the recipes I used.

Ranch Beans to can
For each quart jar I put 1 cup of pinto beans dry (wash and pick through the beans but don't soak or cook them) into the jar.  Then we added these spices.
1 T. chili powder
1 clove garlic minced
1 T. onion minced
1 t. brown sugar
1 t. apple cider vinegar
1 t. paprika
1 t. cumin
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
I filled the jars with a mixture of tomato juice and water half and half to within one inch of the top.  We processed these for 1 1/2 hours at 10 pounds pressure.

We opened a jar at lunch today and they are spot on.  The spices are just right.  I am quite pleased with this recipe.

1 comment:

val said...

Yum! Must try!