Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This n that

I haven't posted a this n that post for a while so here goes.
  • I had a strange dream last night.  I dreamed I woke up and my face was very hairy and I had to start shaving it because I was growing quite the beard.
  • We had a real nice rain this morning but its warmed up now and kind of hot.
  • The church starts a study on Revelation tonight so we are going to start going.
  • The greenhouse is looking pretty good.  I am worried about how to keep it watered if we go to Arizona in May.  I am looking at a new method of growing my tomatoes.  Its where you use a kiddie pool and grow bags.  You plant in the grow bags and place them in the kiddie pool.  You can then water from the bottom up.  I am also considering trying it in one or two trays in the green house.
  • I want to get some goldfish to go in the ponds out back.
  • I joined the local Extension club yesterday and now I have several new friends.  I was so excited because I have never met such happy friendly ladies.  I think many of them are not from the area like me and understand not being able to find friends.  Next month for the meeting we are going to the next town over to see the museum and then have lunch.  It sounds like my kind of club already.
  • Here in south Texas the county Fair is held in January.  That's quite a change for me.  I am used to it being held in August.  I bet its because of the heat here.  That's OK though, it will give me lots of time to get things made up to enter.  Its fun to win ribbons.  I have even won $5.00 coupons from Ball jars.
  • I have made about 25 of the star hot pads.  Now I am trying to make them smaller to use for coasters.  The smallest I seem to be able to get them is about 5 inches.  I think that will work.
  • I recovered Hannah's bike seat the other day.  Her seat cover was worn out so I used the leg from an old pair of jeans.  I guess its working, she hasn't complained.
  • I need to get my granddaughters birthday gift done and sent.  Her birthday will be here before I know it.
  • Mollie cleaned the kitchen today real good.  It looks and smells nice.
  • Hannah takes good care of the dog.  She keeps him bathed and feeds him and plays with him.
  • Well that's about all I can think of right now.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

I love this glimpse into your life!