Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday fun

This morning I have some banana pineapple bread baking in the toaster oven, one load of laundry washed and one in the washer and one more to go after that.
Its only 8:40 am and its already hot outside.

Yesterday I picked the okra and put it in the dehydrator whole. I washed the pods and poked a hole in each one. Usually I wash and slice the okra and lay it on the trays but I read somewhere that they dry them whole and sell them for lots of money. Hey I can give it a try. I have also been making some zucchini chips. Some I dipped in oil then salted and some lemon juice and salt. We like the lemon juice and salt ones. I think with a dip they would be really good.

On Saturday we are going to Alvin to see our friends. Sammy gave his heart to Jesus last Sunday and he is getting baptised this Sunday so of course we wanted to be there. We are close enough that it is possible so we don't want to miss it. They are having a church dinner after the morning service. I am bringing cheeey potatoes and a loaf of the banana pineapple bread if I can keep every one from eating it.

Next Saturday the Alvin church is having an appreciation day for the police, fire, ambulance and other emergency personnel. Outback steak house donates the food and they just serve and treat the folks with great love and serve them. Its their way of thanking the public servants for the job they do.

Last year I gave every one there a bar of soap so this year I want to give something different. I have not decided what yet, but I better get on the ball.

What are your plans for this long weekend?

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Sounds wonderful! This weekend... well, tonight I am babysitting for my son and his wife so they can go out and celebrate their anniversary. Tomorrow afternoon I am playing piano for a baptismal service and on Sunday, of course, there is Church! Nothing special planned for Labor Day on Monday. We usually don't really celebrate, but the weather is supposed to be lovely, so I will probably work in the garden!