Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Texas wild fires

We are not in danger at this time with the wild fires here in Texas, although we are in a strong area of smoke flow. Click on this link to see where the active fires are right now and the smoke areas. http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=31.48489&lon=-100.41504&zoom=6&type=map&units=english&top=fire&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0&fire=1&fire.sat=1&fire.smk=1&fire.day=1&fire.day=7&fire.hrmin=0&fire.hrmax=24&fire.opa=70&fire.mode=0&tor=0&ndfd=0&pix=0&dir=0&ads=0&dd=0&tfk=0&ski=0&stormreports=0We

We have not been smelling smoke so that means the winds are down right now. We did suffer some wind damage while we were gone this weekend. Some of our skirting blew off the 5th wheel but it was easily snapped back on. One canopy was tossed and smashed about beyond repair, so its back to washing clothes under the sun. Good thing for me that the weather has turned cooler and at 8:40 am its only 70 degrees. I think it will stay under 100 so that will be a blessing.

I have to go to the dentist this morning in Victoria. He is going to see if I can have or need a root canal. I do not like root canals. Then they want to do surgery on some of my back teeth and pull some out. I think I am going to opt out of the surgery. I cant see any reason to pull teeth that are not bothering me.

The girls took Joy's car to the repair shop and they said its a beautiful morning today. I plan to enjoy it. If its not too late when we get back from the dentist I will wash clothes.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I am glad to know you are not where the fires are. It sounds horrendous. Good luck with your teeth. That is not fun (or cheap.) Just remember that putting off dental work does not, in the long run, save any money. It is false economy.