Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shopping~hair cuts and such

This week is going to be very nice weather wise. The forecast calls for temps in the 90's all week. Its such a relief to have cooler weather.

Today I am going to color my hair and cut Jeff's hair. He is dumping the black tank right now. Later we will drive to Victoria where I will do some shopping and we will get the oil changed on the car. We are also going to buy some wood so Jeff can put up a couple of shelves for me in the back bedroom. I am using the bunk room as a storage room now that the girls have moved next door. I did leave the two bottom bunks and its nice for company or when we want to lay down for a few minutes. Hannah sometimes comes over after school and lays down on one of the bunks.

If and when we ever buy another camper I think we will go with a park model so we wont have to deal with gray and black tanks. The girls camper is a park model so they never have to go empty tanks. We thought of leaving the tanks open but with a black tank that is a big NO NO. IF the tank is left open then the solids stay at the bottom of the tank and the liquids wash on out and pretty soon you have a big nasty mess. NO thank you. Also I think the land lord needs to dig a bigger sewer or leech field because we can dump both the gray tanks and the black tank the same day or there is spillage. TMI I know. Also if we leave the gray tank open which is ok as far as things go we get a sewer smell which we of course don't want. I really think the sewer just gets too full of gray water and it cant handle it, if he put in more leech fields it would sure help a bunch.

Well now that you know way more than you ever wanted to know about our sewer situation I will go on to another subject.

I met a man who owns a company that makes wringers. They are used at car washes and on off grid homes. I have one. After I bought one and used it I sent him some feedback and asked a few questions. He then called me and we began talking and became friends of a sort where we bounce ideas off each other about his products and ways to improve them. All this to say that he called me a couple of days ago because he is working on a new product and knew I might have a use for it. He is working on a proto type for a stand to hold a wringer over the bath tub so that when you are washing clothes in the tub you can use the wringer to wring them out. He has also made his version of the James Washer but it is made of a plastic barrel and is a lot cheaper than a James Washer. I really want one of these and I need to be saving my money to get one. The girls about died when I showed it to them. They do not want to go from an electric wringer washer to a manual washer where you have to swing the arm back and forth to agitate the clothes and then run the wringer by hand. I pretty much just want it to have in case of hard times or if sometime down the line the electricity went out or we had to live somewhere where we didn't have electricity.

I actually posted a video of the washer on this blog once.

Well you all have a nice day and enjoy your first Saturday of fall.

No comments: