Monday, September 19, 2011

Hawaiian bread for the bread machine

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 package yeast
1/2 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter I used 2 T. coconut oil
1 egg
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
PREPARATION:
Place ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select basic dough light.

My bread machine was one I bought at Goodwill and I never had a book with it so I don't know what order the manufacturer recommends. I just put them in in the order given and so far it looks like a nice bread. I found it interesting that the pineapple juice was used in place of sugar.
recipe source: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1214/Hawaiian-Potato-Bread142086.shtml

Edited to add: This is the best bread I have ever made in my bread machine. I love it. This recipe is a keeper for sure.

No comments: