Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm back

I have spent the last six days in Tulsa with Jeff. I looked and looked for a place to live for him, or for all of us or what ever. My eyes were rolling in my head. It was crazy. My head was spinning. Finally we bought a very nice 5th wheel.

One day I was driving through a neighborhood, it was looking less and less appealing. I spotted two cop cars so I waved them down and asked for a certain address. The cop said "What's your business mam? I said I was looking at houses. He said sorry to be blunt but there is a homicide in this neighborhood nearly every day, he had just worked one the night before. And Mam if you keep driving that pickup in this neighborhood you are guaranteed to get car jacked." I high tailed it out of there and my heart was beating ninety to nothing. It took forever to calm down. I felt like "whats a person to do?"

I think the two cops had a good laugh on the silly country gal in the slums or something.

We found a new place to park the RV. Its in a small town, not so far for Jeff to drive to work. I think he will be very comfortable now. He may not want to come home. LOL
At least we can relax our search and spend more time looking and not feel we have to get something right away.

No comments: