Thursday, January 15, 2009

Learn something new

When was the last time you learned a new skill?
Do you have things you want to learn to do?
Why not make it a goal for the new year to learn that skill?
I was reflecting on things I have learned since moving to western Oklahoma four years ago.
Here is my list of what I have learned.
Large scale gardening.
Built a greenhouse with cattle panels.
Raised a meat steer.
Raised goats.
Milked goats.
Raised chickens.
Built a chicken coop
The chickens laid eggs (yum)
Butchered chickens (yuck)
Learned to can meat.
Learned to make soap.
Learned to grind my own wheat flour.
Learned to make laundry soap.
Learned to make dish soap.
Learned to make dish washer soap.
Learned to make cough syrup.
Learned to make tinctures.
The list is pretty long. Also just because I learned to make dish soap and dish washer soap doesn't mean I like home made. Candy was asking what the other ladies want to learn to do this year. I am thinking what I want to learn to do.
What about you? What are some things you want to learn to do this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would really like to see pics or hear about your green house. I just found your blog and it looks like you have alot of interesting information. My name is Jeannie and I live in North Idaho.