Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ASL American Sign Language

The girls and I are studying ASL. I took it in college but it didn't stick because I didn't use it. Last year we tried to learn it and the girls did pretty good. This year I found a free online course here: http://www.start-american-sign-language.com/

It has a printable workbook and videos to watch every day. We already know the alphabet, a few signs and counting but it was hard to put together into sentences. This site starts out with sentences, albeit short ones that we can learn right away. The videos are looped and play over and over until you think you have the idea. We learned three phrases today. What is your name? How are you? and Nice to meet you.

There are grammar studies and other important parts of speech. I am very please with the program so far.

No comments: