Monday, August 24, 2009

De-cluttering

The girls and I have spent the last few weeks going through cabinets, drawers, and closets getting rid of things. Things we have never used, things we haven't used in a long time, things we don't like, things that collect dust. My we have a lot of things. A lot of things. We have gotten at least 8 boxes from the kitchen alone. I still have at least one more cabinet in the kitchen to go through. My cupboards still have plenty of stuff in them. Even taking 8 big boxes out. Good grief.

Today we worked some on the kitchen, went through the china hutch, 2 boxes there, and the buffet. Two large boxes there. I got rid of a lot of linens, place mats and such. I think I need a year to get things pared down and then it would probably be time to do it again.

When I was in Tulsa with Mr. Olson in the 5th wheel, I did pretty good about not buying things. I need to keep that mindset.

The preacher brought his enclosed trailer over so we can just load it up to take to the rummage sale we are having in Guymon at my friend Lori's house. I think I will need to have another sale later because there is no way I can get through this whole house and de-clutter by next weekend.

Joy is coming home this weekend so she will be able to help with the garage sale. That will be a blessing.

I just have a hard time understanding how I ever ended up with this much stuff. I have taken at least three loads to the second hand store this summer, and with what I am doing now, it seems like it hasn't made a dent but I know I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff. I guess as always I will just keep on keeping on.

Tomorrow I want to go through the pretties on the top of my cabinets.

The preacher said that when you get too many pretties they become uglies and he is right. My pretties are getting ugly.

No comments: