Friday, August 21, 2009

Layered Salad

I noticed a recipe for layered salad over at Tammy's recipes. It sounded good so I think that's what I will make for supper. Here is how I make mine.
In a 9 X 13 inch pan layer as follows:
chopped salad greens
frozen peas
sliced eggs
bacon bits
Then make a mixture of mayonnaise and a bit of sugar and pour over top.
End with shredded cheese.
I will make it after lunch and supper will be taken care of.

This afternoon I will be sewing again.

I dropped Kay's peaches off at her house and she showed me her latest quilt. Its a denim one and it is beautiful. It made me want to make one but I know I just don't have time right now. She top stitched her squares and it really made the difference. I am giving her all of my old jeans and denim. I am so glad to know someone who will use it. I was afraid I was going to have to throw it away. Maybe someday I can try making one again.

Mollie is making sauteed zucchini and hamburgers for lunch. For some reason she makes the best sauteed zucchini. The zucchini I got was a little big so I quartered it and seeded it then sliced it. I think the big seeds make it taste bad. I sure smells good.

No comments: