Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday

This morning I made four batches of soap. Eucalyptus and oatmeal, orange with ground orange peel, oatmeal, milk and honey and pomegranate and oatmeal.

Last night Joy and I were watching Nancy today on you tube make soap. We both said at the same time that the soap was shaped like drain pipe. Well after further investigation we found out that it was. Naturally this intrigued me and I had to find some to try this method. I really like the shape of the finished bar. I learned how she made a plunger to get the soap out, what she used to grease the tube with, how she sealed the ends etc. It was great watching her work out all the kinks, now I can just get right to making soap with it.

I also saw a lady using her silicone cup cake liners for molds and I want to try that too. She made a great looking facial bar I want to give a go.

We also went to Perryton to pick up Mollie and Hannah's glasses. Joy didn't get any because she didn't like any of the frames. She said she will pick some out from the online Zinni optical store. She better get busy or she wont get them before she goes off to college.

No comments: