Thursday, August 27, 2009

A funny on Mr. Olson

The other day Mr. Olson was installing a window air conditioner unit. They have places that need to be screwed in on the sides. He asked Mollie to go outside to hold it level while he screwed it in.
He went to get the screw gun and on his way he saw something that needed to be taken upstairs to our bedroom (he cant remember what it was).
Then when he got up to the bed room he thought it is so nice and cool in here and that bed looks so inviting.
I think I will lay down for just a minute.
A bit later after he had rested awhile he got up and went back downstairs.
Mollie said "Dad where did you go?" She had waited outside for quite a while.
Mr. Olson slapped his head and said "Oh I'm sorry Mollie" he had completely forgotten poor Mollie outside in the heat while he was resting in the cool bedroom.
Mr. Olson said lets try this again and sent Mollie outside while he went to get the screw gun. This time he got it and finished the job.
When he told me the story I laughed and laughed. I said I think you are getting old.

No comments: