Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I bought some groceries

I broke down and bought some groceries today. Kellogg's is having a mail in rebate for 10.00 if you buy 10 products at the same time. I bought 2 boxes of pop tarts and 8 boxes of cereal. I got milk for 49 cents a gallon for buying the pop tarts at 2 for 5.00 and 8 boxes of cereal at 2 for 3.00 minus 4.00 plus 10.00 rebate. Total after rebate would be 2.00 but I got 2.00 off my milk so if I am figuring right is was all free.
I also found out that they mark the meat down on Wednesday evening. So I was able to pick up a bunch of lunch meat and bacon for cheap. Bacon was 1.00 a pkg. Turkey bacon was 1.50 pkg. The Jimmy Dean sausage was 1.50 and 16 oz. of lunch meat was 1.00. I was happy to learn this tid bit.
I tore the proof of purchase off the products so I can send for my 10.00 rebate.
Tomorrow when we go to take Joy to college we will make sandwiches with the cheap meat I bought to save on food on the road.

No comments: