Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coffee body scrub


I made some coffee body scrub to bring to Kaleena, (I hope she doesn't read this) for her bridal shower. I made a little extra so I could try it first. Tomorrow I want to make some sugar facial scrub to take to her as well.
We leave tomorrow for Ashley's wedding at Lavern, it is tomorrow evening. We will then stay at the campground overnight and Friday head off to Branson. I am not going to have Hannah's dress done to bring along but I have the fabric samples. I am at a place where I need Joella's advice and she must be out of town.

I only made the four batches of soap this week. I had a goal of 12, guess I missed that one. lol
I have all these ideas in mind of scents to try, molds to try, etc. Thinking about what oils I want to use for what. I have one batch to cup up and then I will not be making any more until next week. When Mr. Olson gets home from California I need him to make a plunger or pusher so I can remove the soap from my new molds. I have also been thinking about a way to grease the inside of the mold, I think I have an idea, I just have to come up with a tool to do it.

I learned that soap cannot be made from motor oil, (I have had people ask me that) and the reason is that, petrolium products will not mix with the lye and saponify which is what makes the soap. So it stands to reason that I can use Vaseline in the molds as a release agent since Vaseline is a petroleum product and will not react with the lye.

No comments: