Sunday, August 2, 2009

The challenge is on

I have challenged myself to live off our food storage now that Mr. Olson is without gainful employment. This will actually be a good thing so I can see where I need to fill in the gaps. I know the girls will miss milk, but I do have powdered to cook with. I read somewhere we drink too much milk anyway and you only need it as an infant and small child.

This is actually a good time to test this out as the greenhouse is producing so we can still have fresh produce. Friends are always giving us zucchini so we can have fresh for a while yet.

We know what the bills are and what our projected income with unemployment will be and as long as we are super frugal we can make it.

I am happy we stocked up on things in the past. It will help us now. I have a very positive attitude right now if I can just keep that up it will help a bunch.

No comments: