Friday, August 6, 2010

Making more soap

I have not made soap for a while because when I do make it, I make 4 batches at a time. For a while I was making 4 batches almost every day so my stock grew. Well its going down now, yippie so its time to make soap again. Also, it takes 3 weeks to cure so I always have to be watching the inventory and make soap in enough time to let it cure before I can sell it.

I have started just making oatmeal, milk and honey scented soap with real oatmeal for the most part. It got to be too much having 20 different kinds of soap. Oatmeal, milk and honey is the first scent I made and so its kind of my signature scent. It is the most popular so I will stick with it most of the time.

My furniture is selling well so that is one care off my mind. Now to get the business sold. Please pray that someone wants a great opportunity to start a business. This is a great business, its just not portable like we want to be.

The gift sets seems to be a big hit. I will continue with them, at least until they no longer fill a need, the packaging may change with what I think is cute at the time. I need to go to the post office today and have them weighed after packaging to get an estimate for shipping. When I get that done I will post the shipping cost on the post with the pictures of the gift sets so all the information will be together.

Today, after I get the soap made, Mollie and I have several dressers, file cabinets, book shelves, and such to clean out and clean up that are sold. Some of them are going to Spearville and some to Dodge so this weekend we will load up the trailer and haul them there and pick up the wringer washer I am buying along with a few other items. I have been on the look out for a wringer washer for quite some time now. I am excited to have the opportunity to buy one that I know the owner and know it has been taken care of.

3 comments:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Debbie,
Hey. I will most definately be praying about your house sale and business sale. I just wished I lived close to you...I would buy both! haha.I wish I would get up enough courage to make soap too! Just don't stop making it!!! I have been wanting a wringer washer for some time as well!!!! But I haven't found one in very good shape...so YAY! for you. You and your family are always in my prayers! love you!
Lori

Yolanda said...

That is so nice about your washer! I grew up using a wringer washer, 2 laundry tubs and the clotheslines. I miss that, really.

Aunt Krissy said...

I make soap also. I know what you mean. I have been caught out of a scent and then have to scramble to get it made, but I let mine cure for 6 weeks. I also have been thinking about cutting back on all the scents. I have 17 that I make, and i would like to get that down to 10, but what to cut? I sell at the farmers market, some days one scent will fly off the table, one that I was thinking about cutting. I may just keep it at 17 and not make more scents.