Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A "possible" bath?

I was reading things on the internet, just crusing around and I found this. I thought it was cute so I am reposting it. I found it here:http://www.ehow.com/how_4714339_off-grid-bathing-running-water.html

Take a "possible" bath. My mother taught me that during the Great Depression, her family would do this. Fill a bowl with warm water. Dip a wash cloth into the warm water, lather it lightly with a soap like Dr. Bronner's and wash your face. Then, rinsing and re-soaping as needed, wash down as far as possible. At that point, start at your feet and wash up as far as possible. At the very end, wash "possible." The point being to wash your least dirty areas first, face, neck, chest, arms, armpits, torso. Then the next level would be your feet, and up your legs. The part that is left, your private areas, is the last to be washed. A possible bath takes about a gallon of water. Hair neither needs to be nor benefits from being washed daily.

Read more: How to live Off Grid - Bathing without running water eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4714339_off-grid-bathing-running-water.html#ixzz0wGLeNmCI

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

I've done that many times when camping and when the power was out. We used to call it a "sponge bath." :)

Beautifully Veiled said...

We call it a "bird bath"!!!