Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wringer washer update

Jeff took the motor off the washer so he could replace the belt. It is really worn. While he had the motor off he decided that we will soon need a new motor, so we will be pricing those in the future. He is also installing a 25 ft. cord. It had about a 6 ft. cord so that will be much handier. I have had more requests for pictures of actual washing and using the rollers. I have a friend who knows how to do the videos so perhaps she will help me make a video and I can post that.

I am excited to have this machine. I know some folks think we are hillbillies but who cares. I am not telling them they have to do what we are doing.

I wonder why people think you are saying they have to do something a certain way if you tell about how you do something? Oh well.

I think some folks find it interesting to read about the crazy adventures of others but that doesn't mean they are going to live that way. Those are the people I write for. Plus I like new experiences. I like to read about how other people live and how they handle certain aspects of their lives.

Anyway, when we get the washer up and running again I will post more pictures and maybe learn to do a video if my friend will help me.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

That's really exciting! I can't wait to see! I grew up with one of these and if it were up to me, I'd still be using one. Good for you! It is so much easier to "customize" your laundry that way and saves a lot of water, too.

debbieo said...

Yolanda,
I used two totes. I had read to do it that way. The second one can have either fabric softner or vinegar. I havnt had any blueing for a long time. I will have to look for it in the store.

Beautifully Veiled said...

I got blueing at Ace Hardware!!