Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Poetry


  • One Day

  • Someday, I'll meet the Maker of the sunset's glow.

  • He'll show me how the colors mixed, just so.

  • He'll show me, too, the way the rainbow curves And help me make my own (if I've the nerve).

  • He'll explain all equations so I will understand And magnify the crevices all across the land.

  • Mysteries I cannot fathom will be explained, at last.

  • He'll help me see the beauty of the ages past.

  • He'll let me look at Jesus heart, 'til

  • He knows I understand The way it broke and why He has those nail scars in his hand.

  • Then, He'll draw me close beside Him and He'll bring Jesus, too.

  • We'll watch the vastness of His whole universe in view.

  • One day (it won't be long now), and the dark glass will be clear.

  • We'll see our Hope of Ages face to face, so very near.

  • He'll touch our faces with those loving nail scarred hands.

  • One day, there will be nothing that we cannot understand.

  • ~ * ~ If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

  • For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-11

  • As the Scripture says, Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.

  • © by Joan Clifton Costner

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

That is beautiful!