Monday, June 6, 2011

Best ever taco meat

Today I decided to make taco's for supper. I had three large zucchini that had gotten away from me and gotten too big. I decided to use them in the taco meat. Wow. This is what I did.
3/4 lb. ground beef/deer mix
1/2 chopped onion
fry until done
add taco seasoning (I buy in bulk and never measure, it was maybe 1/4 c.)
While the meat was cooking I went out to the garden and cut some cilantro, came in washed it and grated one of the huge zucchini's into a bowl. When the meat was done I added the cilantro and zucchini along with about a cup of salsa. I cooked this for a bit and woowzer. I am totally amazed how good this is.
Even Hannah loved it.
Yeah, another way to use zucchini.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

And you added the meat to the zucchini mixture? And then you had it all on tortillas?

DD said...

YUM-O! Definitely trying this!!

Beverly said...

That sounds really good!