Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What are you all up to?

~This morning I hoed in the garden for a bit. I'm trying to do a bit each day to win the war on weeds. LOL

~I am also doing laundry. I put a load into the washer and let it agitate while I water the container plants for rinse and hang the last load, then I turn off the washer and go inside and mess around in there for a bit. Then I go back out and do it all over again. Now that the girls live next door they have been doing their own laundry so it is much easier for me. When I wash blankets or other big things thy will still have to help me.

~Speaking of washing blankets. My clothes line is not super heavy duty so when I wash heavy items I pull out my ladders and hose them down (they are metal) and then have the girls help me get the blanket up and over and let it dry that way. Works great.

~I am seriously going to get a job this fall. With the girls not in this house I need more to do. I think I might like home health care as opposed to working in a hospital or nursing home. I think the one on one action would be something I would enjoy. I used to clean for elderly folks so I think that would be similar.

~What are all of you up to today?

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Hmmm... milked the goats, made and ate breakfast, wrote a letter to a friend who is in prison, am going to make mozzarella. Need to come up with something for dinner. We're going out to the County Fair this evening to see what kind of ribbons I got on my canned goods entries. A little sewing. Need to vacuum... Just whatever comes to hand I guess. ;)

debbieo said...

I wite to a man in prison too. He is a convert and I think he is sincere. I dont think he will ever get out though.
I am making 7 layer salad for supper, I cut some lettuce and cilantro from the garden and the eggs are done now. Something cool sounded good to me. Plus having it done up ahead of time is always nice.