Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy Monday

Today is Hannah's first day of high school. She decided she wanted to try public school for high school. She went at the end of the school year in May and took the TAKS tests and found she is ready for high school. She is a bit nervous because she has not been to public school for several years and never to school where they moved from class to class each hour. In grade school they moved to the music room and gym but other than that they pretty much stayed in the same room all day. I think its been about four years since she attended public school.

Mollie on the other hand is a senior this year and has no desire to attend public school. She is my longest home schooled girl. She wants to get a job and save money and do her school work on the off time. That's fine with me as long as she does get her school work done. I am sure she will so I am not worried about that. She is taking chemistry this year for the first time so that will be a bit of a challenge but I know she can do it. Her 17th birthday is tomorrow so I better get busy and make a cake.

Joy is looking for a job too. She is going to wait until next semester to go to college and just work this semester. She and Mollie are out job hunting right now. I think she is going to take a home school refresher course in math so that she wont feel like she lost her math skills. In bible college they only studied the bible and ministry type of things.

I have a load of bread going in my bread maker and two trays of okra in the dehydrator. Here in a bit I need to make Mollie's birthday cake and get the peaches put up. I just have to decide if I am going to make more jam, canned peaches or dehydrate them.

No comments: