Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Going bank shopping today

When we moved to Texas we had to get a new bank. We asked around but its not easy when you dont really know anyone. We settled on the bank that was family owned because growing up that is the kind of bank we used. Personal service and all that.
That home town bank is not at all what I thought any bank would be like. They are rude, (the bank president)and they give you a hard time when you are trying to make a deposit. I thought putting the money into the bank was suppose to be the easy part. They for some reason dont believe that my daughters are my kids and want proof. What? They wont let them open savings accounts. I am appauled at the way they treat us. You would think we bounced checks or tried to pass fake ones or something. The list goes on and on so today I am bank shopping.

In this small town I have at least three other choices and I am going to stop in to at least two of them and see what they offer and how they treat me. We like to have online banking but I am willing to give it up to have a bank that doesnt act like I am some kind of criminal when I walk in the door.

I have never had this kind of trouble before. My husband's boss was not happy either and wrote a letter to the bank board about their treatment of me and then got into an argument with one of the board members who is a friend of his. I also wrote to the bank board but have not gotten a response.

Aparently the bank president married into the position and its quite apatent he has NO people sklls and zero banking education. He is the most condensending hateful man I have ever met.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh being here in Tx I know how hard it is finding a bank that is friendly, I have tried 3 and the one I love and the people are friendly is the one inside our walmart Wells fargo.
Plus they stay open later then the others, the others close at 4 :(

debbieo said...

Renee,
I visited the Wells Fargo bank along with the TDECU bank and I think we wil try the Wells Fargo. They seemed to be the friendlest.