Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kombucha and shopping

A facebook friend and I traded some of my milk kefir for a kombucha scooby. The scooby arrived today in the mail. I am excited beause I have not had kombucha for about a year or more. My tea is cooling now and then in a few days I can drink it.

Now for my shopping trip.
At HEB I bought 12 single cups of Dannon yogurt, they ranged in price from $1.00 each to#1.78 each. With coupons they were all free. I also purchased a $100.00 gift card because the HEB's in my area are letting you use the gift cards and get 11 cents a gallon off of gas. That's a good savings. The offer is only good through Dec. 31, 2011. After that its regular price. I always buy a gift card and use it for the gas because HEB usually has the cheapest gas anyway and then I save another 11 cents. Today I got gas for $3.36 a gallon.

Then I went to Wal Mart where I picked a few more grocery items up. My total before coupons was $52.60 and after it was $28.75

So for grocery items I spent $28.75 , saved $48.61, and got $72.46 worth of groceries. That's more than half so I consider it to have done well. My goal is to always save at least half.

No comments: