Thursday, August 11, 2011

My boring life~ I love it this way

I live a pretty boring life compared to most people and especially to those in Hollywood and I like it that way. I was sitting here resting and cooling off after doing a load of laundry and trying to think of something new to post. Jeff told me yesterday that I am not posting very often lately.

While we were in Kansas for the funeral and then the baby shower I realized that I like my plain simple boring life. I don't care for drama and such. I enjoyed my stay but I like my simple life.

I get stressed when there is too much on my plate. I like simple.

When I begin to worry or wish I had something else I just pray for contentment and then I am fine again. I have a great life here. I have a roof over my head. A roof over the girls head. A garden. Clean clothes and a way to keep them that way. Freedom to worship God. Food to eat. My husband has a job to provide for us with. I have a way to connect with family and friends, Internet, phone and even old fashioned letters.

After all, this is only our temporary home. Our eternal home is with God and we will live with him and be able to worship him for eternity. It makes this life seem like a vapor.

Thank you Lord for all the blessing you give to me, your mercies are new each morning.

2 comments:

kscorrell said...

My mom is in Cali. She says traffic is insane. I told her they can keep it... I'll stick to my dirt roads. :D I love it when we aren't going all the time. Last night I hung out in my garden and enjoyed the cool breeze while the kids played. That was perfect for me. Now onto some canning, freezing and baking this weekend. Life is perfect. <3

Yolanda said...

Amen, Sister. And, it's not boring. It is marvelous.